Syracuse Marijuana Defense Attorney
Defending those arrested and charged with marijuana crimes in New York
If you are arrested for marijuana-related charges in the Syracuse area, do not take the charges lightly. New York State treats marijuana-related charges very seriously. Without the representation of an experienced marijuana defense attorney, you could end up in jail, have to pay large fines, and suffer the consequences of having a criminal record for marijuana-related charges.
Attorney Jeffrey DeRoberts of the DeRoberts Law Firm has been fighting for clients freedom in federal and state court since 1993. Attorney DeRoberts is a Syracuse marijuana defense attorney who knows the federal and state courtrooms well and applies his knowledge and experience to fight tirelessly for your rights and your freedom. We take marijuana defense strategies seriously and fight your charges with dogged determination. Don’t risk your future, trust attorney DeRoberts to provide the vigorous, aggressive defense strategy you need when you’re facing marijuana charges.
Syracuse marijuana defense lawyer represents clients facing all types of marijuana crimes
If you are arrested for marijuana, you may find out that you are being charged with one or more of the following drug charges:
● Possession of marijuana with intent to sell
● Drug trafficking or distribution
Marijuana charges are no joke. The penalties vary depending if you are charged under federal or New York State law, but here is a sampling of some of the potential outcomes of a marijuana conviction:
· Under federal law, possession of any amount of marijuana can carry a jail sentence of up to one year and a minimum fine of $1,000.
· Under New York State law, possession of less than two ounces of marijuana in a public place is punishable by up to three months in jail. If the amount of marijuana is greater than two ounces, the penalty increases to a maximum of one year in prison.
· An arrest for selling between 2 and 25 grams of marijuana is punishable by a year in jail under New York law.
· The sale or possession with the intent to sell less than 50 kilograms of marijuana is punishable by up to 5 years in jail and can carry a fine of up to $250,000.
In New York, marijuana is considered a serious drug with serious penalties
Don’t make the mistake of believing that marijuana isn’t a “serious drug”. The police and courts in New York state and federal courts treat it very seriously. A drug conviction for marijuana can follow you for years and impede your ability to find a job, an apartment, or negatively impact your life in other ways.
In order to successfully fight marijuana-related drug charges, you need an experienced Syracuse marijuana attorney by your side. We uncover the facts and details of your case and find the holes in the prosecution’s case against you in order to minimize the negative effects of a marijuana arrest.
Our marijuana defense strategy often involves detailed interviews with you and potential witnesses, a review of the evidence against you, and a close look at possible alternatives to incarceration for individuals who are addicted to drugs. We fight for you to obtain the best possible outcome and minimize penalties.
Aggressive Criminal Defense Since 1993
If you are looking for a Syracuse criminal defense attorney to protect your rights, look no further.
Call 315-479-6445, or send an e-mail for a free initial consultation.