Speeding Ticket Lawyer in Syracuse Gets Results for New York Drivers
Aggressively fighting tickets for New York drivers
Speeding tickets cause significant disruptions to your life and your financial well-being. Paying for the ticket is an admission of guilt that costs Syracuse drivers more than just the upfront costs of the fine. Attorney Jeff DeRoberts of the DeRoberts Law Firm fights on your behalf and does everything possible to protect your driving record.
What does a speeding ticket in New York cost you?
Too many New York drivers just pay their speeding tickets and admit guilt without knowing what the citation will truly cost them. A speeding ticket conviction can cost you a lot more than just the original fine for the traffic citation. The additional costs besides the initial fine for speeding in Syracuse include:
- Points – Each citation conviction comes with points that are automatically added onto your driving record. The number of points depends on much over the speeding limit you are accused of driving. When you accumulate enough points, your license will be suspended.
- Possible license suspensions/revocations – If you get three speeding tickets and/or misdemeanor traffic violations within an 18 month period, then your license will be suspended for at least six months.
- Driver’s responsibility assessments (payable to DMV) – The driver’s responsibility assessment is a fee that must be paid in addition to your fines that must be every year for three years if convicted of an applicable driving offense.
- Insurance surcharges – Getting points applied to your driving record after a speeding conviction will cause your insurance premiums to increase. The costs can add up to thousands of dollars.
- Possible jail sentences – Depending on the circumstances surrounding a speeding violation and your driving history, you may be sentenced to serve time in jail.
- Lost income – If you receive a summons for a speeding citation, you may be forced to miss work to attend traffic court.
Do you need a lawyer to fight your ticket in Syracuse?
By not hiring an attorney to defend you in court, you are taking a lot of risks with your driving record, your freedom and your future. Traffic courts in New York have lots of procedures that must be followed to present your case properly to get a favorable result. An experienced speeding tickets attorney like Mr. DeRoberts can make the difference in a favorable or unfavorable outcome. We present your case to the court and obtain the best outcome possible for your speeding ticket citation.
Contact an experienced speeding ticket lawyer in Syracuse, New York
Protecting your driving privilege is important to us. Attorney Jeff DeRoberts and the team at DeRoberts Law Firm is ready to help when you need it. We offer flexible hours and personalized attention to your case. You can schedule a free initial consultation with us by calling us at 315-479-6445 or you can contact us online. Don’t wait, call us today.
Aggressive Criminal Defense Since 1993
If you are looking for a Syracuse criminal defense attorney to protect your rights, look no further.
Call 315-479-6445, or send an e-mail for a free initial consultation.